Sagadahock Real Estate Association Logo
Corner of Front and Centre streets, downtown Bath, Maine
Photo courtesy Maine Maritime Museum


March 10, 1887
Sagadahock Real Estate Association founded and incorporated in the State of Maine.

June 12, 1888 The company purchased its first building, Sagadahock House at the corner of Front and Centre Street. Later destroyed in the fire of 1894.

March 10, 1890 Purchased the Granite Block, 86 Front St., and the Union Block, 100 Front St., both destroyed in the fire of 1894.

February 22, 1891
Purchased: Bank Block, 45-53 Front St. Church Block, 44-48 Front St. Columbia Block, 176-184 Front St. Grassey Block, 172-174 Front St. Elm Street Buildings, 1-23 Elm St. Kennebec House, 177-187 Front St.

Built new Sagadahock Block and adjacent buildings on Front and Centre Streets to replace those destroyed by Great Fire of 1894.

December 3, 1927
Sold Kennebec Block to City of Bath as site for new city hall (Davenport Memorial).

Fall 1937
Rebuilt Columbia Theatre building at 184 Front Street, after fire extensively damaged structure.

Razed existing structures at 177-187 Front Street and constructed supermarket for Great A&P Co.

July 28, 1961
Purchased Lincoln Block, 48-52 Front Street and Trust Building, 11 Centre Street.

April 2, 1971
Purchased W.T. Grant Building at corner of Centre and Water street.

February 11, 1981
Purchased Salvation Army Building, 215 Water Street, the original headquarters building of the Bath Iron Works at its inception in 1889

March 31, 1981
Purchased Moses Block, former YMCA building at the corner of Front and Summer Streets.

Fall 2002
Renovated the former A & P Supermarket, 185 Front Street, for Bracketts’ Market to relocate to in January 2003.

Copyright © 1996-2018 Sagadahock Real Estate Association, Bath, Sagadahoc County, Maine, USA